[Answered] Weird posting error

To Report a Bug or Problem, start a New Topic.
We'll try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
(New feature suggestions should be posted in "Member Suggestions" above)

Moderator: Dave Miller

[Answered] Weird posting error

Postby Dave Miller » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:10 am

I got an error almost identical to the error discussed in this thread.

I was gonna post this right in that thread, but you previously locked it.

Only a couple of line number references were different:
Code: Select all
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to www.djgold.com:25 in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php on line 29

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php:29) in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/page_header.php on line 538

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php:29) in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/page_header.php on line 540

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php:29) in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/page_header.php on line 541

Same thing as last time. I got the error two times, they it worked, and I saw that all three of my attempts got posted. I then deleted the extra posts.

No biggie, but I thought you'd like to know.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:40 am

I've had the same thing happen to me once or twice over the years... and with the same results.

It seems that for just a moment, the SMTP email server doesn't accept the connection request from the discussion board server and returns a fail code.

Then, a moment later, everything works just fine again!

Of course, as you've noticed, each time you try by hitting "post", another copy of your original post is added to the topic.

I'll check with the hosting company, but I suspect that as before, they'll say it was just a tiny momentary "glitch" and that it's not really a problem.

If it keeps popping up more often though...
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Bug Reports