[FIXED] Connection Error

To Report a Bug or Problem, start a New Topic.
We'll try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
(New feature suggestions should be posted in "Member Suggestions" above)

Moderator: Dave Miller

[FIXED] Connection Error

Postby Dave Miller » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:21 am

I was posting and got a wierd error. The top of the page was pushed down, the follwing appeared in the gold section:
Code: Select all
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to www.djgold.com:25 in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php on line 29

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php:29) in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/page_header.php on line 534

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php:29) in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/page_header.php on line 536

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/smtp_bcc_mod.php:29) in /home/djgold/public_html/talk/includes/page_header.php on line 537

Normal buttons appeared, but the following appeared in a short blue box, similar to the blue box that says the post was successfull....
Code: Select all
DJGold Forum Index
General Error

Could not connect to smtp host : 111 : Connection refused
DEBUG MODE
Line : 31
File : smtp_bcc_mod.php

Note that although DEBUG MODE was underlined, it was not a link.

I tried hitting my back button and posting again, twice, but got the same error.

I then restarted my computer, went to the thread, and saw three copies! I deleted two, and everything has been fine since.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:00 pm

Hi DJ Teddy Bear,

It looks like there was a problem for just a second with the forum code that connects to the email server (SMTP). It wasn't able to send out the emails to the folks who were subscribed to the discussion. However: it had already posted your reply, and continued to do so each time you submitted it.

I checked the email server and it seems like it was going through an update right at that moment. If you had posted a moment sooner or a moment later -- you wouldn't have run into any problems! :shock:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: [FIXED] Connection Error

Postby Dave Miller » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:08 am

A "moment sooner or later"? I tried three times almost a minute apart.

But, no big deal. I guess the time it took my computer to restart was sufficient for your system to get back on track, unlike, ahem, some other services that I won't name here....
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Re: [FIXED] Connection Error

Postby CJ Greiner » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:10 am

DJ Teddy Bear wrote:A "moment sooner or later"? I tried three times almost a minute apart.

But, no big deal. I guess the time it took my computer to restart was sufficient for your system to get back on track, unlike, ahem, some other services that I won't name here....

Yeah.... I'm pretty fortunate that I chose the system I did.

In addition to doing my own occasional backups and monitoring, I have DJGold hosted on a server that's maintained by a 24-hour server company that does daily backups and continuous monitoring. If there's ever a problem, they're always on it very quickly.

In this case, DJGold server was fine -- the email server just wouldn't give it a connection key for some reason. Apparently they knew about it right away and fixed it within a few minutes. Cool. 8)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Bug Reports