[FIXED] Email form - Auto-Checks "Contact Method"

To Report a Bug or Problem, start a New Topic.
We'll try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
(New feature suggestions should be posted in "Member Suggestions" above)

Moderator: Dave Miller

[FIXED] Email form - Auto-Checks "Contact Method"

Postby srothkin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:42 am

I didn't check any of the 3 contact by methods. The site then automatically checked by email and by letter. This could be misleading. I suggest forcing the user to select at least one of the 3 checkboxes, and DON'T automatically set any of them to ON.
srothkin

Re: Email form - Automatically Checks "Contact Method&q

Postby CJ Greiner » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:48 pm

srothkin wrote:I didn't check any of the 3 contact by methods. The site then automatically checked by email and by letter. This could be misleading. I suggest forcing the user to select at least one of the 3 checkboxes, and DON'T automatically set any of them to ON.

Hi Steve,

That behavior was deliberately programmed into the Email processing software to make the process easier... but now that you bring it up, I'm re-thinking it.

The way it is now: It will only "Automatically Check Contact Methods" if NO methods are chosen by the guest.
The assumption was that the guest DID want to be contacted (Thus they filled in the form), but they just forgot to choose a contact method.
Since they filled in the email method (required), that gets automatically selected.
Since they filled in the complete mailing address (Address, City, State, Zip), that gets automatically selected too.

--> I suppose, following that line of thinking, that if the phone# was entered by the guest, that it should be selected as well.

----------------------

Did you deliberately NOT fill in any of the boxes, or was it accidentally as was anticipated?
Either way, perhaps you're right: I don't think it would slow down the process if the guest was forced to choose the contact method(s).

What do you think? :?:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Email form - Automatically Checks "Contact Method&q

Postby srothkin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:54 pm

I'm a software developer. I deliberately left a number of fields blank just to see how it would behave.
srothkin

Re: Email form - Automatically Checks "Contact Method&a

Postby CJ Greiner » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:26 pm

... I guess I'm a software developer too! :hahaha: :yeah:

Actually, I remember seeing you promoting your DJ ManagerTM software at the Orlando MobileBeat convention last year -- very nice!

I certainly appreciate the input you've provided thus far -- it's proven very useful.

:arrow: I've modified the code now so that it will warn "Contact Method: How do you prefer we contact you?."

Thanks!
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Bug Reports