[ANSWERED]Can't access my webpage from search engine listing

To Report a Bug or Problem, start a New Topic.
We'll try and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
(New feature suggestions should be posted in "Member Suggestions" above)

Moderator: Dave Miller

[ANSWERED]Can't access my webpage from search engine listing

Postby christipayne » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:32 am

I tried accessing my webpage from my listing and an error code comes up. I don't know how long it has been like that but can we get it fixed?
christipayne

Postby CJ Greiner » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:22 am

Hi ChristiPayne,

Glad to have you here at DJGold!

The problem we run into here is that the REAL web address for your website is:
http://www.ezdjwebsites.com/pages/?ws=149

You've also purchased a domain name that is being forwarded (improperly) by some company...

The company that you've purchased your domain name from should be forwarding everything that starts with: nebraskasbestkeptsecret.com/.....
But, they're not.

When your website is forwarded from DJGold, we add a tracking code so that you can look at your web stats and see how many hits come from DJGold.com.
We do this by adding information at the end of your website name that shouldn't be a problem... except that your web name host is not properly forwarding links. The link from DJGold looks like this:
http://www.nebraskasbestkeptsecret.com/?source=djgold

For any other website, that wouldn't be a problem, but with your web name host it is... so here's the intermediate fix:
I'll change your website to the ezdjwebsite.com link for now so that your clients will be correctly taken to your website.
When the tracking link is automatically added, it will look (and work) like this:
http://www.ezdjwebsites.com/pages/?ws=149&source=djgold

The final fix will take just a little while, so give me couple of days. I'll modify the registration and member controls to allow you to disable tracking so that the ?source=djgold won't be automatically added if you don't want it to be.

I hope that helps!
(see you in the other discussions!)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby CJ Greiner » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi ChristiPayne,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that I haven't forgotten about you! I was up until 6am this morning working on programming, which included your issue.

I've updated the back-end programming and the database to allow for disabling the link-tracking... I just need to modify the HTML and form-handling program and then you'll be able to put in your website and check to see that it's working.

I've also added other methods of tracking hits from DJGold so that if you use a Log-Analyzer program, you'll be able to tell who's coming to your website from DJGold -- without the problems you were experiencing with the modified link.
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Can't access my webpage from search engine listing

Postby TheBartman47 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:37 am

Is there a way I can currently tell how many times guests have clicked through from DJGold to my web page? (related to this topic, so I didn't start a new thread.)
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:32 am

Statistics-reporting from DJGold is something I'm in the process of working on right now (It's the same package of programs that I'm writing that is also resolving ChristiPayne's issue.) I've got to figure out a meaningful way to display the statistics... I already have most of the data.

You can check with your webhost and see if they have a program that tracks incoming links -- that should give you a somewhat accurate picture on your side.
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Can't access my webpage from search engine listing

Postby TheBartman47 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:28 pm

Cool.

Anyway, I know at least one person has clicked through to my web site (besides me) because I got my first DJGold referal a couple days ago!!! However, I was already booked for the date in question so I had to decline.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Return to Bug Reports