[NEW] Email Form -- Sends Emails!

What would you like to see on this website? How can we provide better service for you? Tell us here!

Moderator: Dave Miller

Postby Dave Miller » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:45 am

PartyPerfectDJ wrote:I suggest you start a thread and ask people how many bookings they have attributed to DJGOLD so you know how your doing.
You could have started that thread yourself. But remember, CJ has said on more than one occasion, DJGold is still in a beta form. In other words, CJ hasn't really started to try to get potential clients to visit here. That being the case, the number of views, click-throughs, email inquiries, and leads is tremendous!
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Re: [NEW] Email Form -- Sends Emails!

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:04 pm

PartyPerfectDJ -- I think you're completely missing the point.

When someone sees your listing, that's the only thing they know about you at that point. As you know, people make quick judgments based on the first contact... and in your case, your search listing is your first contact.

I'm very serious: if you can't take the time to write a few very simple sentences correctly, then how is a client supposed to expect you to pay attention to their special event?
I told you before I wasn't trying to "bust your chops" -- I wouldn't waste my time doing that. I was trying to offer you serious suggestions that will help you not only here, but with all of your internet business.

If you misspelled and mis-wrote your listings here, did you also do the same thing on all of the other websites you're listed on?

No, you don't have to be an English major (I'm not), but it will help your business if you give the appearance of being able to speak (write) English fairly well!

YOU'RE busy? Do you remember one of your first posts where you asked me what I do? Do you remember all of the things I'm involved with? Believe me -- I type quickly too! AND THEN I USE THE SPELL-CHECKER!
I suggest that if you want people (clients and other DJ's) to not mis-judge you based on the only thing they know about you (what you write), that you spend the few seconds it takes with the spell checker to right-click, spell check, and then hit submit.

----------------
I've done plenty for you: I've edited and deleted obscene and offensive posts, I've welcomed you anyway and spent time discussing different matters, I've given you a free listing on my website with plenty of potential for contact by clients as well as advice on how to improve those contacts. You've spent time communicating with an excellent group of mobile DJ's here learning and teaching and sharing...
There are multiple links to your website on DJGold, yet you still don't even have a link to DJGold on your website, which I've mentioned a few times in this discussion alone.

In all fairness, what have you done for me?

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:12 pm

I did get the spell checker.

And am in the process of adding reciprical link along with other sites.

I am not a fan opf Recip links, but do it for some free listing and search engine stuff, it's a low priority. But will get done.

I don't like them casue they say to the Client, "Don't like our service?, click here to find a different DJ"

But I understand.
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:16 pm

All fixed :)

And the spelling checker does work nice thanks.

I am only a hard a$$ sometimes becasue I am a hard a$$ :roll:

Looks good to me I'll add your link and wait for those leads!
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:20 pm

That's a very good point: I don't believe in sending people away from my website either!

Here's how I do it: I have invisible links on my webpages that spiders can find, as well as a tiny link at the bottom of my pages that people looking for them will find... but in general, my clients don't see them and don't go to that page.

The links point to a separate "network" page I've created that has all of my associated links, including the DJGold link.

NOTE: Since I believe so highly in DJGold, I do have the DJGold logo & link on the bottom right of each page, but you don't need to do that.

See how it works:
http://www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com

Go to the very bottom of the page and click on the tiny word "network". You'll be taken to a page that none (almost none?) of my clients ever see. It has all of my reciprocal links on it and I don't lose any business, but still get the benefit of cross-linking websites. The search engines all see this page, which is what we want them to do.

:idea:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dave Miller » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:26 pm

PP, and everyone else -

Your comment about reciprocal links advertising your competitor is not an uncommon one. I share that feeling. But I beat the problem the way I designed my web site.

Go to my web site. Scroll down and you'll see all my reciprocal links.

Now scroll back to the top and click on any of my links. Go to the bottom of that page and click on my "return to home page" link.

Scroll down. Notice how the reciprocal links are gone?

Many DJs have an 'entry' page with fancy graphics, or maybe some flash animation. I admit it all may look cool, but what does it say about your DJ abilities?

Here's the key - My 'entry' page looks like my home page, but has the reciprocal links that the spiders are looking for. The average person will click rather than scrolling down, and then click the 'return to home page' rather than use the back button. Therefore the average person will never see those reciprocal links on my site.

Cool, or what?
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:29 pm

Oh, by the way: I suggest that your link should point to your member page on DJGold. That helps in two ways. First, if a client clicks on the link, then they're taken directly to your information. Second, it points the search engines to your information to make sure that it gets spidered.

Your link should be to: http://partyperfectdj.DJGold.com/

8)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:37 pm

Thanks again.
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby Dave Miller » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:41 pm

CJ -
We were typing at the same time.

Your solution is also nice, except some companies are specific about their links.

Some want their link on your initial page, or home page if you have an entry page. They have spiders designed to analyze the linkage to tell the difference between a 'links' page like yours and a home page that comes after an entry page, if the link isn't found on the initial page.

Others provide the html code and expect you to use it without changes. This prevents creating a 1 pixel link for the spiders to see that people can't.

Still others want you to use their html code, and place it on the initial page.

My solution beats all of these issues.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:49 pm

The companies I link with only request that they be told which page their information is on so the can check -- they don't ask to be on the front page, and since my website is set up the way it is -- I wouldn't link with them unless they were ABSOLUTELY bringing me business and taking none away.

I see your solution is to have all of your company's information in the visible area of the page, then have the links further down so the person would have to scroll down to see them... that seems to work too. Unless they scroll down and click a link the first time on that page -- they'll never do it. :idea:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:04 pm

CJ do you have HTML or Banner code to go around the link you gave me or should I just use the DJgold JPEG and make the link url the one suggested.

BTW I like your PC chastising in the other link. Most of us are a small percentage of the DJ's in the US and by definition opinionated and full of ourselves. So like DJ-MC and teddy and you roll with the punches others actually take things personally and try to convince others of the views or one up someone. It's called being human, and I hate to admit, but on many forums not just this one there are many Stereotypical DJ's who fit the descriptions of the classic DJ's I hated in my 20's and hence chose to become a DJ to NOT be like them. Hence my Alternative point of view sometimes.

SPELL CHECKED!!!!!
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby TheBartman47 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:22 pm

I view links on my web page as showing the customer I'm so confident in my abilities that I invite them to check out the competition so they'll be able to see for themselves that they'll be getting a great service if they hire me.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby Michigan DJ » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:11 am

Reciprocal links increase your page ranking in many search engines.

My biggest problem is getting Google to find my damn web page.

I am very high in yahoo, as well as alta vista, webcrwaler, etc.

Google can't find me at all.
Thomas (DJ Tommy B) Heath
A+ Digital DJs
http://www.aplusdigitaldjs.com
http://digitaldjs.djgold.com
Michigan DJ
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:16 am

You can submit your website to Google here:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/addurl.html

:idea:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby djmc » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:27 pm

I still haven't booked any events thru DJ Gold......BUT:

1) I've picked up some valuable information on this board that I didn't get at some much larger boards

2) I met Brett, then it turned out his dad lives in the same area as me....and, Voila! possible DJ in my area to network. And his dad is a widower, my mom is a widow....they are same age.....possible dating connection thanx to DJ Gold.

So I guess if DJ Gold NEVER sends me a real customer, I wouldn't trade it for all the great connections I'm making here.

This board, considering its puny compared to SloDJ, WeDJ, or DJ Chat, produces 10x its weight in gold!!!
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:54 pm

djmc wrote:I still haven't booked any events thru DJ Gold......BUT:

1) I've picked up some valuable information on this board that I didn't get at some much larger boards

2) I met Brett, then it turned out his dad lives in the same area as me....and, Voilà! possible DJ in my area to network. And his dad is a widower, my mom is a widow....they are same age.....possible dating connection thanx to DJ Gold.

So I guess if DJ Gold NEVER sends me a real customer, I wouldn't trade it for all the great connections I'm making here.

This board, considering its puny compared to SloDJ, WeDJ, or DJ Chat, produces 10x its weight in gold!!!

Well, because of our design, it's harder to determine what business comes from us...

Other websites "force" the client to enter some sort of information, and then send the leads to the DJ. The client generally never sees the actual DJ's information unless the DJ sends a reply email or contacts them by phone.

Even in the case of Respond.com, they require the client to fill out some info first, then allow them to browse "profiles" -- and the DJ is charged for each time a new client browses their profile. And/Or, the DJ can elect to receive leads from anyone searching for a DJ within their service area, or they can elect to receive a teaser lead (minus vital info) and can click a link to buy the lead if they want it. Either way, the client is never shown info about the DJ company -- it's up to the DJ company to contact them.

In the case of WeDJ.com & DJIntelligence.com -- there's quite a bit of confusion about what leads actually came from the WeDJ search engine, and which leads came from other search listings (including ours), and then used the WeDJ/DJIntelligence availability checker on the DJ's own website.

Aside from switching over to the "enter info before showing a listing" method, the only way to tell if DJGold is being effective is by taking a look at the stats to see who's looked at your info and who's been referred to your website.

I don't have an automatic stats page set up yet (that was discussed in a different thread -- it's coming), but here's a sample of what it will show:

Member: DJ-MC Entertainment
Since: Monday 13th of October 2003 02:23:05 AM

Report Date: Friday, March 4th, 2005 - 4:30 PM

You personally have had your search engine listing show up in someone's search results 1221 times since you first registered your business here on Monday, the 13th of October, 2003 -- 02:23:05 AM.

Of those 1221 times, you were on the
first page: 1210 times
second page: 11 times
third page: 0 times

Keep in mind that these stats are for actual page views, so when it says "11 times on page two" -- that means that someone actually clicked through to page 2 and saw your information. Additionally -- these are not web-bots; these are actual users. Search engine web-bots are accounted for in a different part of the stats.

Your listing on page 1 was in the
#1 spot: 243 times

---------------------
Your search engine listing was viewed by YOU: 32 times
and by other members: 98 times

The above stats do NOT include how many people clicked through to your member web pages or clicked through to your own website. (These stats are available... I just don't have time to go through the database and dig them up. The will all be available once I've finished the stats page.)

It's impossible to tell how many times someone called you directly from the phone number listed in your search results.

So, are there people finding your phone number on DJGold? Absolutely!
Are they actually calling? Depends... does your search description match the service they're looking for?

Are they finding your website because of DJGold? Absolutely!
Are they contacting you once they've found your website? Depends... does your website portray the kind of DJ service they're looking for?

Are they using your availability checker on your website once they’ve been directed there from DJGold? Probably.
Are they telling you that they found you from DJGold? No. There's no option for that in your availability checker.

I hope this helps. I too feel that I’ve gained a LOT of knowledge by participating in the discussion forum – but I also know that having my business listed here brings me more and more web traffic every year. 8)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby davidjones@a2zmobilemusic » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:57 pm

CJ- it may be just me but, the number of guest is important in a qoute to me. the more people the more equipment (and maybe employee's). and when people entertain more guest they are more free with the money :!: :wink:
David Jones
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
davidjones@a2zmobilemusic
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby davidjones@a2zmobilemusic » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:57 pm

by the way...it does look great!!
David Jones
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
davidjones@a2zmobilemusic
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:04 pm

That's a good point! We'll have to see what everyone else thinks too. It makes perfect sense to me.
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dave Miller » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:48 pm

CJ -

All good info, just one clarification.

Respond.com provides "teaser" info? The term "teaser" can be taken many ways. Respond provides ALL the info that he client provides, such as venue town, date, type, music genres, # guests, etc. Everything the client chose to provide, except contact info: the client's name, phone & email.

If for any reason you don't want the lead, delete it for no charge. Otherwise pay for the contact info. First 5 people to pay for the lead's contact info get it. After that, nobody else gets the lead.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Member Suggestions