[NEW] Email Form -- Sends Emails!

What would you like to see on this website? How can we provide better service for you? Tell us here!

Moderator: Dave Miller

[NEW] Email Form -- Sends Emails!

Postby Tony Tamburrano » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:07 am

CJ:
I just went to my site, tried the email, and it is PERFECT!
Not too many questions, easy to use, works GREAT!
DON'T CHANGE A THING. DON'T ADD TO OR DELETE FROM!

Tony Tamburrano
TNT Entertainment :D
Tony Tamburrano

Re: Email Form -- Sends Emails!

Postby JR » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:49 pm

I did as well, and I received my test message in only a couple of minutes. As far as the information fields, they seem to suit my purpose just as they are.
JR LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
602-621-0329
JR
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby shdixon » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:09 am

Just wanted to let you know I made a client request email and sent it. Worked perfectly.

Maybe just re-arrange the info from the email. Just a thought.

For me the first and most important information is the date, times, and location of the event. As soon as a person contacts me I check my calendar first. If I'm open the times and location help me quickly determine what my fees will be. Then I need the contact information to either call the potential client or send them an email. This is also the same structure of information on my contract.

I would like to see the information in this order.

Day of event. Date of event
[space]
Times (total hours also if possible)
[space]
[space] (or a line or series of ... or *** as a divider)
Client Information
Name
Address
Phone
email
[space]
Client Comments

I just think the site is flat out the best looking I've ever seen.
DJ Stan
Stan Dixon Entertainment
www.standixonentertainment.com
Central, Ohio
shdixon

Postby CJ Greiner » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:10 pm

Thanks everyone -- I certainly appreciate the compliments and support.
I'm glad you like what you see so far, and I hope you continue to provide input and participate in the testing as we make our way towards "wide release". 8)

DJ Stan -- Your idea of putting the vital info first makes sense to me.
Currently, the email is in essentially the same order as the Email Form on the website... but it certainly doesn't have to be!

In thinking about how I like to read my leads from other companies, it makes sense to put the "when" and "what" before the "who".

And of course, the "other info" needs to go at the end because it may be short or long... and isn't required reading until you take in the rest of the info.
--------------

I'll work on changing things around a little, then see how you like it.

Thanks!
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby shdixon » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:42 am

Awesome! :D

Maybe just change the email around?

Clients may want to fill it out that way too.
DJ Stan
Stan Dixon Entertainment
Central, Ohio
shdixon

Postby CJ Greiner » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:50 am

shdixon wrote:...Maybe just change the email around?

What do you mean?
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby CJ Greiner » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:52 am

Oh wait... I get it!

You mean, leave the form the way it is... and just change the email format that gets sent to (you) the DJ's.

------------
I agree, the form can probably stay the way it is -- it seems to make sense in that order.

:idea:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby CJ Greiner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:34 am

Tony -- in reading through your suggestion... I think now that there's something missing from the email form: The event venue!

You mentioned "Location"... and when I first read it I was thinking address.

I think it WOULD be helpful to have the VENUE information as well.

I'll add that today (if I get permission from my wife to do a little programming) and also take a look at re-ordering the information that the DJ receives in the email.

Thanks!
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby shdixon » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:13 pm

Add Venue name and Venue location.

Here in Columbus, OH there are a few places that have very difficult load-ins. Some are upstairs. Some have poor elevators. Some you need to roll your equipment 100 yards to get there. For these locations I charge more.

It would be helpful to know this information before I contact a potential client.
DJ Stan
Stan Dixon Entertainment
Central, Ohio
shdixon

Postby CJ Greiner » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:34 pm

shdixon wrote:Add Venue name and Venue location.

Here in Columbus, OH there are a few places that have very difficult load-ins. Some are upstairs. Some have poor elevators. Some you need to roll your equipment 100 yards to get there. For these locations I charge more.

It would be helpful to know this information before I contact a potential client.

Okay!

I've changed the order of information that the DJ receives, and added 2 new spots in the Contact Form and Email Results:
Event Venue Name & Location
Event Start & Finish Times

==> I just sent you a test email... let me know what you think!
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby shdixon » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:42 pm

Got it! Great! Sent you a reply... :D
DJ Stan
Stan Dixon Entertainment
Central, Ohio
shdixon

Re: [NEW] Email Form -- Sends Emails!

Postby CJ Greiner » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:21 am

Got the reply... glad it worked~!

-----------
There are a few more mods to be made over the next week.... then we'll be inviting more DJ's to join the final phases of the BETA testing.

However... if you have other DJ friends that you'd like to invite to try it out before we send out our "formal" invitations... feel free to let them know about DJGold!

:idea:
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:43 pm

I didn't test mine but never recieved a request yet, so I guess this service is just a forum.
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby CJ Greiner » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:13 pm

PartyPerfectDJ wrote:I didn't test mine but never received a request yet, so I guess this service is just a forum.

:?:

From what I understand...you just signed up. How fast do you expect to have the requests rolling in? And how do you know that no-one has contacted you by telephone?

Here's a few things to note:

• You should put a link from your website to your DJGold website. That way, when a search engine spider looks at your website it will also find your DJGold member page. (Your DJGold Member page already has a link to your website -- you're welcome!)
  • Most people won't even use the email form on your Member Information Page -- they'll probably call you. Your phone number is listed both in the search results and on your member information page. We don't have a stats page set up yet, but you'll soon be able to see how many people viewed your search listing and your member pages.
  • Since we have no way of tracking when a person telephones you directly... you'll have to ask them where they got your information.
  • If your listing is poorly worded, contains typos, or is just not what the client is looking for, then they're going to skip over your listing -- nothing we can do about that. Please make sure that your search listing and Member Info Page is well-worded to attract clients. It should explain the quality of your service as well as all the things you'll do for your clients to make their event the best ever!
  • We focus on quality and service here -- not ultra-cheap services (we do NOT support "bottom-feeders"). If your listing has anything in it that leads clients to think you're the "cheapest" or mentions ridiculously low rates... remove that from the listing. If we have to do it for you, you may not like the way we edit your listing.

Hope that helps! 8)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:27 pm

How many referrals have been sent nation wide in the last 30 days?
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby CJ Greiner » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:19 pm

By referral, what do you mean?

Do you mean emails?

Or do you mean people using the information on DJGold to get information that will allow them to contact a DJ?

-----------
Keep in mind: DJGold is NOT like other "referral-only" websites that don't allow you to see the DJ's information. DJGold shows the information directly to the client and allows the client to choose the method of contact.
-----------

So with that in mind:

PartyPerfectDJ
Date:2/14/05 19:00hrs

You personally have had your search engine listing show up in someone's search results 419 times since you first registered your business here on Friday the 1st of October 2004 10:59:47 AM.

Of those 419 times, you were on the
first page: 339 times
second page: 63 times
third page: 17 times

Keep in mind that these stats are for actual page views, so when it says "17 times on page three" -- that means that someone actually clicked through to page 3 and saw your information. Additionally -- these are not web-bots; these are actual users. Search engine web-bots are accounted for in a different part of the stats.

Your listing on page 1 was in the
#1 spot: 26 times

---------------------
Your search engine listing was viewed by YOU: 6 times
and by other members: 24 times

Now... did you say that you did send yourself an email using the contact form on your member website? If so, I can't find that info in the database -- perhaps I haven't set it up properly to log every email? Let me know... we might have found a bug!
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dave Miller » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:24 pm

CJ -

I half expected a "Stop busting my chops" / "We're still Beta" type of response.

Those are very interesting stats.

Any chance that, once you go 'live' that members can see their stats any time they want? Or get a monthly email of stats?
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:33 pm

I admit they look fine (stats) but can be mostly from other DJs. 1 in a 100 talk on th e forum verse browse. Point is, not a booking yet, thats all. :(

Booked 2 partties today one Gigmasters one Yellow Pages!
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby CJ Greiner » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:48 pm

Teddy - believe me... the "stop busting my chops" response was on the tip of my tongue/fingers -- but I figured that his question, though misguided, had merit so I answered it.

I had to go through the database manually to collect those stats. In the future, I will be adding a stats page so that we can see everything "live" at any time.

-----------------
Party Perfect -- you're right, some of the hits are from other DJ's. Your results turned up on pages seen by other DJGold members 24 times. I suspect that a few of the remaining hits were by DJ's as well -- but if they saw that page and then signed up here, they've been identified as members and are part of that 24. I would suspect that a large portion of the remaining 389 views were by actual clients looking for a Professional Mobile DJ for their event.

Perhaps they called you? Perhaps they skipped your listing and contacted someone else? I'm not sure... but in reading your business description, I need to remind you of the things I suggested earlier:
CJ Greiner wrote:Here's a few things to note:

• You should put a link from your website to your DJGold website. That way, when a search engine spider looks at your website it will also find your DJGold member page. (Your DJGold Member page already has a link to your website -- you're welcome!)
  • Most people won't even use the email form on your Member Information Page -- they'll probably call you. Your phone number is listed both in the search results and on your member information page. We don't have a stats page set up yet, but you'll soon be able to see how many people viewed your search listing and your member pages.
  • Since we have no way of tracking when a person telephones you directly... you'll have to ask them where they got your information.
  • If your listing is poorly worded, contains typos, or is just not what the client is looking for, then they're going to skip over your listing -- nothing we can do about that. Please make sure that your search listing and Member Info Page is well-worded to attract clients. It should explain the quality of your service as well as all the things you'll do for your clients to make their event the best ever!
  • We focus on quality and service here -- not ultra-cheap services (we do NOT support "bottom-feeders"). If your listing has anything in it that leads clients to think you're the "cheapest" or mentions ridiculously low rates... remove that from the listing. If we have to do it for you, you may not like the way we edit your listing.

Hope that helps! 8)

... and I'll add a special note just for you:
  • In addition to being well-worded, your listing should be spell-checked and grammar checked. Nothing turns off a client faster than reading something mis-spelled and poorly written by a DJ... why? Because they're thinking "I wonder if that's how he speaks too -- maybe we'd better check somewhere else for a professional speaker/MC/DJ".

Here's the wording from your search listing:
PartyPerfectDJ wrote:Party Perfect offers New Englands most unique combination of music, lighitng and photography. With a full commitment to details, making every event special and unique. Our Sound, Lightining and Photography equipment are top of the line and it shows. We also have a huge legal MP3 based music collection to please all ages.

I highlighted the words that have either spelling or punctuation problems, and the sentence that's not really a sentence.

I'm really not doing it to "bust your chops" -- in fact, I'm hoping that you'll help yourself get better results by correcting those mistakes. And if you follow the other advice in the above list (like adding a link from your website to your DJGold info page) I'm sure your results will improve even more! :lol:

Here's a link to the free spell-checker that integrates with Internet Explorer. It's not perfect, but it will help you catch a lot of obvious mistakes very quickly and easily:
http://www.iespell.com/

I know that everyone that tries to read your posts but gets bogged down trying to figure out what the words are, would greatly appreciate your using it! 8)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:54 am

Well I guess I understand not here are some comments.

First I joined DJgold one day searching for free referral services which I do ever 9 - 12 months. I quickly did it and forgot about it untl JAn when I got an informatin email and I said who are they?

I have of course up to 12 free listings on the net and a few paid. I ask clients where they got my info. I hardly even get calls mostly email. And calls are from finding my site directly or YP.

No one has mentioned DJgold yet. So no booked jobs yet. Thats fine I hardly ever get one from FreeDJAmerica or ProDJ or weddings.com or a bunch of others. There are 4-5 that 90% come from.

Sure the reason could be my wording of some, or it could be that many clients just plow through these services and there is by definition a low probability of contact.

I was not complaining just trying to understand the business model.

I love the advise from you experts but keep in mind the number of people talking on this forum is less than the number of DJ's in a 10 mile radius around me and are the same ones talking on all the other forums in the country. Less that 1% of the DJ's in the country talk as if they are the cat's meow on these forums, becasue they like it as a hobby. It takes a lot of time and I do not do it often and hence type fast.

Like I said, I've seen email responses from DJ's to Clients that look worse than my 8 yr old typing (And much worse than mine). Most people pick on the only weaknessss they can find in someone that aggravetes them a little.

I looked at all the DJ's in my area and even though CJ the English teacher found a few minor mistakes in my listing it looks no worse than any in my area when you browse and I would only change very little.

But thanks for your defensive suggestions.

I suggest you start a thread and ask people how many bookings they have attributed to DJGOLD so you know how your doing. Click thoughs don't mean much really. I mean the contact form which most clients opt to use rather than Phone or going to the website.

But like I said the 24 DJ's on the forum seem to know it all and since I do to, I am bowing out from little left to learn.

I actually have work to do!
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Next

Return to Member Suggestions