Search Engine Coverage Area Page

What would you like to see on this website? How can we provide better service for you? Tell us here!

Moderator: Dave Miller

Search Engine Coverage Area Page

Postby DJBigDog » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:43 am

It would be great to have a page that showed you what cities that were your listing was included in. I understand that the default is 60 miles from your town, but that could still leave out some markets.
BD
DJBigDog

Re: Search Engine Coverage Area Page

Postby CJ Greiner » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:12 pm

DJBigDog wrote:It would be great to have a page that showed you what cities that were your listing was included in. I understand that the default is 60 miles from your town, but that could still leave out some markets.
BD

That's a great idea.

I'm planning to add the ability to see a list of cities that are in your coverage area, as well as add the ability to adjust the size of the area you service.

For Free members, I don't think we'll have an area too much larger than what is available now. The "60 miles" is straight-line, and for most DJ's represents all of the towns/cities within 1 to 1 1/2 hours away.

For Paid members, I'll certainly consider expanding the coverage area -- within reason. Even for paid members: they'll be listed near the top of the results closest to home. We'll have to eventually figure out what a reasonable maximum distance is for any DJ before they're considered "regional" or "national". I haven't figured out how those types of companies fit in with our search engine. At this point, they don't fit in at all. :?
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Search Engine Coverage Area Page

Postby djmc » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:21 pm

I'd like to propose a 150 mile range for PAID members.

My coverage area takes a wide sweep from Chico (North), to Merced (South), from SF Bay Area (West) to Reno Nevada (East).

I serve all of these areas equally well, with locally based owner-operator DJs within 50 miles of each of these areas!
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Return to Member Suggestions