Latin DJ's forum

What would you like to see on this website? How can we provide better service for you? Tell us here!

Moderator: Dave Miller

Latin DJ's forum

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:35 pm

Come on how about us latin DJ's, we need one too.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
Listen to my mix show every Tuesday Night @ 8pm on www.djfreddy.com/liveinthemix.htm
eldjdelcaribe

Postby djmc » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:37 pm

Freddy.....you'd be all by yourself dude!
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby JR » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:52 pm

However, your experience in Latin music would be a great asset to the rest of us. While I have (for personal reasons) recently backed off from accepting any new leads, I will eventually be back in the thick of it when I feel the time is right. With that said, I keep monitor of the goings on here for future reference. I have had only one event which required some knowledge of Latin music (for which I had/have none) so far. I would look forward to discussions in this area as well as your input.
JR LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
602-621-0329
JR
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:47 pm

djmc wrote:Freddy.....you'd be all by yourself dude!

Why do you say that?
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
Listen to my mix show every Tuesday Night @ 8pm on www.djfreddy.com/liveinthemix.htm
eldjdelcaribe

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:48 pm

jr2423 wrote:However, your experience in Latin music would be a great asset to the rest of us. While I have (for personal reasons) recently backed off from accepting any new leads, I will eventually be back in the thick of it when I feel the time is right. With that said, I keep monitor of the goings on here for future reference. I have had only one event which required some knowledge of Latin music (for which I had/have none) so far. I would look forward to discussions in this area as well as your input.

I will be glad to help you any way I can. Good luck and don't turn them down.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby dokai » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:41 pm

I have a quick question for you Freddy. A while back, a client (that lives mostly in South Beach but comes back to New England in the summer) asked me for an upbeat "birthday" song that they're playing in all the Latin clubs down there. Any ideas what it is?
"You are what you do when it counts."
dokai
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:03 pm

dokai wrote:I have a quick question for you Freddy. A while back, a client (that lives mostly in South Beach but comes back to New England in the summer) asked me for an upbeat "birthday" song that they're playing in all the Latin clubs down there. Any ideas what it is?

Do you know if it is a Merengue, Salsa, new or old?
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby djdonny » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:36 pm

Could you be talking about "Quince Anos" by Baby Boy (a bachata at 135 BPM)?

I haven't gotten a request for it, but it's on my Promo Only 8/05 Tropical.
djdonny
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:42 pm

djdonny wrote:Could you be talking about "Quince Anos" by Baby Boy (a bachata at 135 BPM)?

I haven't gotten a request for it, but it's on my Promo Only 8/05 Tropical.

Yeah, It might be for a club but not a common song for private or wedding events though.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby dokai » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:11 pm

All I know is "All the clubs in South Beach play it all the time" and "blah blah blah so it's your birthday blah blah". At first I thought he was trying to sing "In Da Club", but that wasn't it. *shrugs*

The birthday party I was doing has long since passed, but it annoys me that I wasn't able to find it. :D
"You are what you do when it counts."
dokai
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby DJ Marty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Freddy,
Try to be a spanglish DJ. Most of the latin people I deal with are all about making a deal.
West Central Florida's Premier Full Time DJ & Event Host. Specializing In Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Company & Holiday Parties. Extensive Music Selection, State Of The Art Sound Systems, Lighting, Karaoke, Props, Fog & Bubble Machines Available.
DJ Marty

Return to Member Suggestions