Weddings anyone ???

General Discussion for DJ's on topics not directly related to the other DJ forums

Moderator: Dave Miller

Weddings anyone ???

Postby djwak59 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi everybody,

I havent posted in a while, but have visited often. To tell the truth, it always seems pretty quiet here, whats up with that ?
I'm posting here because this category seems to be the only one still getting hits.

Basically, I just wanna know how business is going with you guys, 'cus I'm not gonna lie, if I didn't have a full time job....I'd be starvin' and out on the street !

Regardless of the economy, people are still getting married. I've done a bridal show back in January, and there was a good turn out. Again, I'm not gonna lie about it, I've lowered my prices to try to attract customers, and I'm sure, many others have too but probably won't admit it. The thing I can't understand though is why the phone's not ringing.

Anybody else getting this too ?
djwak59

Re: Weddings anyone ???

Postby Robert » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 am

Sadly many still don't value a professional DJ much. A lot of potential clinets are still going the Ipod/Laptop route thinking it's easy and they will save money. Many also have a friend or friend of a friend do it free or super cheap leaving us pros with a smaller volume of calls.

My calls are down but bookings are doing well because I stay bold and speak up when I get a call and sense they are price shopping. I lay out the reasons they should consider not doing going with a cheap or free dj. Sometimes it works and they book at my much higher than others local rate.

Good luck!
Music De-Lite ... A Fun and Highly Experienced Puget Sound Party DJ & Wedding DJ Service. Check us out, we may have your date open?

http://www.musicdelitedj.com
Robert

Re: Weddings anyone ???

Postby djwak59 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Robert !
It's good to hear from anybody at this site :) . I also try to explain to potential clients, why the programed iPod bit isn't such a great idea. After i explain to them how it doesn't have the "human" ability to feel how the crowd is reacting to a set, they seem to get it. Whether or not that steers them my way....well, it's been slow going.

Anybody else out there ???
djwak59

Return to General Discussion