DJ Service

Music and videos are the livelihood of the Professional Mobile DJ -- make sure you have the latest and greatest for your next event.

Moderator: Dave Miller

DJ Service

Postby MichaelSIN » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm

I currently run a company called S.I.N. (The street information network) We are the #1 provider of new music to radio, basically we have the music before anyone else does. Because I feel terrestrial radio is a dieing business, I am changing my focus to servicing DJs. Check out www.Sinternet.com for an example of the type of music we promote and deal with. If you are to subscribe you will receive weekly CDs and music videos of all of the latest releases. Check out the site and get back to me here or email me. (email link below.)
MichaelSIN

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:59 am

Hi MichaelSIN, (got your PM -- Thanks.)

From my quick glance at your website, it appears as though you're promoting new artists and music before they make it big and hit the charts.

For me, I really only need to carry music to my gigs that people already recognize. In other words, for my weddings/parties/school dances, I only need stuff that people have already heard on the radio and is on the charts.

I suspect that may be the case for a large number of Mobile DJs -- but not all. There are some that have an audience that would enjoy your new releases. Some of our Mobile DJs also have club gigs where they could mix new stuff into their sets.

Perhaps you could post a little more about your service so we can understand everything you offer a little better?
Then some of our other DJs here might also be able to provide their feedback...

Thanks,
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: DJ Service

Postby MichaelSIN » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:32 am

On the site is just new music before it hits the charts. We are actually the ones who help the music make the charts and get paid based on airplay.

If its hits you want that are already established, I have been in business for over 25 years and have all of the old songs and CDs archived and at least 1 million old CDs on inventory.

Perhaps you would be interested in not all of the old CDs, but in our special year end editions which are the best of SIN CDs. This usually breaks down to 4-8 CDs encapsulating all of the best songs from every format.
MichaelSIN

Postby DJ Scott » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:09 am

Like CJ said, Most of the clientel want the stuff they already know. It's rare to break new music to the type of audiences we cater to. they would hear something a few times before they actually form an opinion of "I like it" or "I hate it".
To break new music is just tough. Case in point.
I went to DJ Times in AC many many years ago. I heard a song being played that was supposed to be the hottest thing on the East coast. It was called the Macarena. It already even had a dance to go with it. So....We bought the song and learned the steps. Brought it out to Colorado and tried it that next weekend.
It flat out BOMBED!!!! and continued to bomb for almost 6 months until it started getting airplay and people slowly caught on. Now granted not everything works that slow these days, with You Tube and all, but premeiring "untested" music just doesn't seem to work in "My" market.

I will however check out your back catalog but you'll have a tough sell when I can pick and choose from I-Tunes, Napster, Rhapsody, Amazon, Wal-mart and more.
Scott McKinney
Solid Sound Entertainment
Loveland, CO.
www.solidsoundentertainment.com
www.solidsoundbubbleparties.com
DJ Scott

Postby MichaelSIN » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 am

DJ Scott obviously you did not listen to what i just said, we have been in business for the last 25 years and while the site breaks new songs on the radio because we are in the business of picking hits like the new Mariah Carey "Touch My Body" and Usher "Love in this Club" there is also a ballad by Usher coming that is amazing. But regardless I have best of CD's dating back to 1985 which means the best of that year for all major formats. Dance Top 40 Urban Rhythm and Hip Hop and R&B.
MichaelSIN

Postby TheBartman47 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Obviously, you did not listen to what DJ Scott just said... We understand you have new/breaking new stuff, as well as archives, but most of us here are not in a position to break in new stuff simply because of our clientel, and as for the old stuff, if we don't already have it, you would have to offer some incredibly low prices to compete with the likes DJ Scott mentioned. If we were mainly club jocks or radio stations, I can see where your style of music supply would be beneficial, but for the most part, I just don't believe we are your target customers (oh, and a salesperson never insults his potential customer.... "obviously").
Bartman Audio Production
http://www.bartmanaudio.com
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby MichaelSIN » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks Bartman but as you have made it very clear you are not a potential customer. It was my mistake to think that there might be some club DJ's in here that are interested in new music and I am sorry for making that mistake.
MichaelSIN

Postby Doug Fairbanks » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:59 pm

If any of you remember back from the 80's a magazine called Dance Music Report featuring reviewers such as Dean Ferguson and Stephanie Sheppard, it was bought out and killed by Pellegrino Promotions to get rid of competition for SIN.

I never did get fulfillment on my DMR subscription that they said I'd get after DMR was downgraded from magazine to tabloid to oblivion without any real notice to subscribers.
Doug Fairbanks - Indianapolis, IN
Doug Fairbanks

Postby MichaelSIN » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:06 pm

You are absolutely correct and I sincerely apologize for that. That company has turned into a tabloid and it is a shame trust me. The owner of Fader magazine worked here first and presented idea and it was shot down by my boss.
MichaelSIN

Postby paulkz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:27 am

This site is very beneficial for the person who love music and videos .This site is mainly for the DJ ‘s who love to play in disc or love to mix songs. I used to work in a terrestrial radio station then I feel that terrestrial radio is a dieing business and now I wish to change my focus to servicing DJs.
=========================================

paul

http://www.treatmentcenters.org/connecticut
paulkz

Return to Music & Videos