Ripping CDGs

Music and videos are the livelihood of the Professional Mobile DJ -- make sure you have the latest and greatest for your next event.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Ripping CDGs

Postby gonzo78 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 pm

Anybody figured out the hot ticket for ripping CD+Gs? Even with my 3 disc deck it is a pain sorting and hauling discs. I use BPM Pro for my music and I’d much rather carry around a 300 gig USB drive instead of boxes full of discs. I’ve tried a couple of eval copies and haven’t found one that works consistently. Some of the discs in my chartbuster E450 work and some of them don’t. Also was wondering which is the best ripper for my Prime Cuts CDs?
gonzo78

Re: Ripping CDGs

Postby DJPete » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:45 am

I ripped our CDG's (250+)with MTU's Hoster Program -- It handled 99% of the CDG's wonderfully --

I use OTS Studio to RIP my Dj Music -- Of course I'm using OTS Studio because we run OTSDJ as our DJ Software. I'm on TM Century's Primecuts update list (1 cd/week) have to wait about 1 week from arrival for the CDDB to get the data or I have to type Titles/Artist info.
DJPete

Postby TheBartman47 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:47 am

I'm looking for a CD+G rip tool too. But for my DJ stuff, I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and it performs flawlessly. You have to download the LAME encoder portion separately, then download the EAC program, and EAC uses the LAME encoder. Great sound with no digital artifacts and good compression to MP3. I set mine to high quality variable bit rate.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby DJ Scott » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Audio Grabber with Lame for me.
No problems so far.
For playback, I use Winamp with the CDG plugin.
I don't do Karaoke that often so Winamp CDG works just fine for me.
For my playbooks....I export file structure as a text deliminated file to Excel. Sort and print.
Scott McKinney
Solid Sound Entertainment
Loveland, CO.
www.solidsoundentertainment.com
www.solidsoundbubbleparties.com
DJ Scott

Postby gonzo78 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:31 pm

Ok. I'm trying to use EAC with LAME encoder. When I rip my Prime Cuts CDs it saves them as wave files. What am I missing?
gonzo78

Postby gonzo78 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 pm

I think I just answered my own question. It looks like a two step process I think.
gonzo78

Postby TheBartman47 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:56 pm

No, it is a one step process. There are two "buttons" on the left column. One says "wav", and the other says "MP3". Click the MP3 one. However, be sure to use the tools/options menu to configure how you want to save the MP3 files. There you can set how it will generate the file name, and select bit-rate encoding, and lots of other stuff. I choose variable bit rate at highest quality.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby gonzo78 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:14 am

I think when I first tried it I didn't have all the LAME files where they needed to be. It would go through the GUI rip process but the dos box encoding stage never popped up. I went through and reconfigured the compression and it seems to be working ok now. I was checking out your website. Pretty awesome audio rig.
gonzo78

Postby TheBartman47 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 am

Thanks. Glad you got the EAC working too.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Return to Music & Videos