New Canon in D, have a listen!!!

Music and videos are the livelihood of the Professional Mobile DJ -- make sure you have the latest and greatest for your next event.

Moderator: Dave Miller

New Canon in D, have a listen!!!

Postby Dj Sean » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm

I ran across this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owAj5LiXG5w

His myspace page:
http://myspace.com/mattrachguitar

This kid, Matt Rach, is only 16 from France!!!Amazingly talented. Some B + G's will love this.

Click the links in his "about" section of his myspace page if you want to purchase any of his songs. It's has links to a store that is selling his music, I had to buy this version of canon in D as soon as I heard it!! Plus, its only .89 cents U.S.

If anyone needs help with the, "kinda odd" store site, let me know.

At the end of the video it says who is doing the backing for his song, but the guitar is all him!!

I have to say personally, I think this is the best version I have ever heard!!
On Beat Productions
http://www.TheEventDj.com/
Professional DJ service for all of Northern California and Nevada.
Dj Sean

Postby dokai » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:27 am

Very cool video! Thanks for pointing it out!
"You are what you do when it counts."
dokai
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby Bryan Durio » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 am

Well, the kid is a good technician, but that's about it. He's got diarrhea of the guitar. Hardly innovative.

Fast, but with no feeling. * Yawn *
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, from Technology and the Future
Bryan Durio

Postby TheBartman47 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:39 am

I disagree, and so do all my band mates. All the guitar players I personally know think that was quite awesome, and I know some really fine players too since I'm in the business.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Re: New Canon in D, have a listen!!!

Postby DJ Scott » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:01 pm

Sorry, But I have to agree. He's fast but there was no "Soul" in the playing.
I've worked with many bands and while the technique may be "fast picking" it just didn't "rock"my world.
As for the round wound strings? OUCH! Zip-Zip ZZZZip.

It's also interesting that he's using a Steve Vai edition guitar. 30 some years ago....I built a guitar with a carry handle built into the upper body exactly like the one being played (although I used a Teisco Del Ray). Sold it at a garage sale 25 years ago and now it's some HOT idea for guitar bodies?
Should have patented my design. Who'd of thought s carry handle would have taken off. :roll:
Live and learn
Scott McKinney
Solid Sound Entertainment
Loveland, CO.
www.solidsoundentertainment.com
www.solidsoundbubbleparties.com
DJ Scott

Postby Dj Sean » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Wow, I am honestly surprised some of you didn't like it.
There must be guitairist in the house, only guitarist would critic that performance.

I think it was awesome, and I know a Bride or two is gonna love it, if for nothing else but as the recessional song.
On Beat Productions
Dj Sean

Postby TheBartman47 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:22 pm

Dj Sean wrote:Wow, I am honestly surprised some of you didn't like it.
There must be guitairist in the house, only guitarist would critic that performance.

I got a reply from 5 different professional guitarists I know, and they all thought it was good. Though one did say he's a little immature and doesn't have as much soul or emotion in it as a seasoned pro would have, but none said he was totally lacking in that department. But, that same guy also said he liked that better than the original rock version by JerryC.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby JR » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:36 pm

As with anything done well, this young man can only get better as he develops his craft. Could be somebody someday I suppose.

Now for the more "purest" of the guitar enthusiasts, I submit for your review a soloist who also offers a much mellower rendition. And while he doesn't offer a sample of his seven plus minute Cannon, he does provide a smattering of his talents on his site www.patrickki.com

I must confess that the first time I heard him live I bought one each of his seven CDs and just recently purchased his eighth and newest. I use his music mainly for cocktail and dinner hours and have received compliments on my selection and queries asking where someone may obtain their own copy(s).

I'm not necessarily thrilled with the quality of samples as played over the internet through my laptop speakers, but I'm sure it sounds better through a more sophisticated system.
JR LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
602-621-0329
JR
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby Dj Sean » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:56 pm

. Could be somebody someday I suppose.
That is an understatment of the decade!!
On Beat Productions
Dj Sean

Postby TheBartman47 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:51 am

One of the techniques he's using is called "sweeping", and is VERY difficult to do. Do a search for "sweeping" on youtube and you'll see plenty of mega talented people ripping their guitars that will blow you away.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Return to Music & Videos