Music "collections"

Music and videos are the livelihood of the Professional Mobile DJ -- make sure you have the latest and greatest for your next event.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Music "collections"

Postby BaldGuy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:38 am

Anybody with some helpful hints as a good place to find Big Band, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc. dance hits to use in the biz????

Have a fairly nice collection now, but am wanting to "upgrade" to provide the best for my clients.

Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

The BaldGuy 8)
BaldGuy

Postby dokai » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:03 am

TimeLife has some good anthologies and compilations. I think there are also box sets available from the DJ-only music sources like Promo Only, etc.

http://www.timelife.com
"You are what you do when it counts."
dokai
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby Joseph Ivy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:33 pm

I like the gold series. 60's Gold, 70's Gold, etc. I will also look up CDs on amazon on buy the 'best of' CDs for all of the artists on the compilations. Be sure to get digitally remastered tracks.
I think I am right. You think that you are right. I suggest that we figure out which one of us is wrong.
Joseph Ivy

Re: Music "collections"

Postby jwg » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:18 pm

For oldies, the Time- Life collections are very nice. Ultimate 70's, Sounds of the 80's and Sounds of the 90's. Not cheap though at 17.00 a disc.
Also, the Rhino Have A Nice Day 70's series has some good pop songs.

Check with Don Morrison at www.rotations.com. He has many collections already put together for DJ's. And his prices are reasonable.
jwg
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Return to Music & Videos