You want a playlist? You got it!

Music and videos are the livelihood of the Professional Mobile DJ -- make sure you have the latest and greatest for your next event.

Moderator: Dave Miller

You want a playlist? You got it!

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:50 pm

I got your attention huh. Since I have been very impressed by this forum and I see that not many other Latin DJ's post here, I will soon post a thread with your must play list at a Latin event. This play list has worked for me in my area, It might not work for you, but I doubt it. Not all events are the same, so you must be very carefull of the Nationalities that are present at your event. I will list them by Country. These will be your play list at an event you know that either Cubans, Columbians, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans will be presen. I do not play Mexican events (nothing against them) but have never played a Mexican Wedding or do I know of there Tradition. Maybe a DJ catering to this format may have a post that is usefull for those who are intrested.

My first one will be for Cubans.
I will post sometime later this week, so check back with us.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
Listen to my mix show every Tuesday Night @ 8pm on www.djfreddy.com/liveinthemix.htm
eldjdelcaribe

Postby djmc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Go Freddy!

We can all benefit from your knowledge.
I might be able to help with the Mexicans....I have been married to one for nearly 2 decades.....LOL
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:24 pm

DJ Freddy -- that would be greatly appreciated.

I don't do events like this very often, but I'd sure like to know I have a great playlist for the next time -- your help will be greatly appreciated. 8)
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: You want a playlist? You got it!

Postby jwg » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:42 am

Occasionally, I get requests for Salsa music. Perhaps a 'must have' list for merengue, cha cha etc. broken down by the type of dance?

Hope thats not too much to ask.
jwg
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby Dave Miller » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:35 am

Not to step on Freddy's offer, but...

One multi-op member of the New Jersey Disc Jockey Association created a list of latin 'must-haves' for his own people, then gave a copy of the list to the association. I attached it below. It's a tab delimited file, including artist, title and genre. That was about 18 months ago, so it's already an old list.

He did say that a lot of what you play or don't play has to do with thier nationality. I.E. A song that works great with Cubans might kill the floor if played for Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans. Or South Americans. Or....

You get the idea.
Attachments
latin_list.txt
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:13 am

DJ Teddy Bear wrote:Not to step on Freddy's offer, but...

One multi-op member of the New Jersey Disc Jockey Association created a list of latin 'must-haves' for his own people, then gave a copy of the list to the association. I attached it below. It's a tab delimited file, including artist, title and genre. That was about 18 months ago, so it's already an old list.

He did say that a lot of what you play or don't play has to do with thier nationality. I.E. A song that works great with Cubans might kill the floor if played for Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans. Or South Americans. Or....

You get the idea.

There are some great songs on the list, but do you know which one they are? Not all of them will work at a Latin Wedding or event. I will post the Hits I play at Weddings. Some of the songs on the list will not work for me. I will do this Teddy Bear for you. I will download your list and post the songs that you should be playing at a Latin Event. I hope that will help you on your future event. Give me a week and if I do not respond, let me have it!!! LOL.

Keep checking back, I will post it soon.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
Listen to my mix show every Tuesday Night @ 8pm on www.djfreddy.com/liveinthemix.htm
eldjdelcaribe

Postby jimmiem » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:48 am

Wow, you're timing couldn't be better! I have an event this Saturday that is primarily hip-hop, but they want to have a considerable amount of Latin as well. Any chance you'll have something by the weekend?
jimmiem

Postby Dave Miller » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:50 am

eldjdelcaribe wrote:There are some great songs on the list, but do you know which one they are?
No. As I said, we were told that they are all good, but not necessarily good fo every crowd.

If I get a request for say Bachata, I give a quick preview of some of them till I find one I like.

I know I've said it on other threads, but since I like you and you're new here, I'll repeat something.

I used to work in a 240 person capacity club. Mostly top-40, pop, r&b, hip hop. I had a couple girls that would ask for Latin music. My wife called them "Your little groupie bimbo friends". This was before I had that list that had the genres on it.

One time one of them asked me to play Salsa not Merengue (or was it the other was around?) and I had to reply "Look. I'm just a dopey white guy. Be happy I have Latin music at all." She laughed and then held one hand up, one hand on her belly, started gyrating, and said "Just play something that makes me dance like this."
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:07 pm

DJ Teddy Bear wrote:
eldjdelcaribe wrote:There are some great songs on the list, but do you know which one they are?
No. As I said, we were told that they are all good, but not necessarily good fo every crowd.

If I get a request for say Bachata, I give a quick preview of some of them till I find one I like.

I know I've said it on other threads, but since I like you and you're new here, I'll repeat something.

I used to work in a 240 person capacity club. Mostly top-40, pop, r&b, hip hop. I had a couple girls that would ask for Latin music. My wife called them "Your little groupie bimbo friends". This was before I had that list that had the genres on it.

One time one of them asked me to play Salsa not Merengue (or was it the other was around?) and I had to reply "Look. I'm just a dopey white guy. Be happy I have Latin music at all." She laughed and then held one hand up, one hand on her belly, started gyrating, and said "Just play something that makes me dance like this."

LOL!! That was funny as hell. I too use to work in a club and I had to tell my wife to stop going to it, she would get all bent out of shape when all the Ladies were requesting one to many songs, if you know what I mean. :wink: I will compose 3 songs I would play together from your list that would and should get all Latinos on the dance floor. I don't know how you do it but I beat mix as much as I can. So what I will compose from your list are songs that blend together and are sure to get your guests on the dance floor. Now keep in mind that this is for a mobile event in clubs, I will play newer songs.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Guy's on my wesite I have diffrent Mixes of Latin Music, please feel free to download it and use it if you like. Let me know how it goes if you do use it at an event. I want feed back on it, that is all I request. Enjoy!!
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:20 pm

here goes guys! I will post the first play list of songs I play at a latin event, these are songs that never fail me I get great crowd response from the guests, They are in no particular order but in genre.
First post will be the Salsa must play lists.

Salsa Hits

Juliana - DLG
Que Bueno Baila Usted - Oscar de Leon
Lloraras - Oscar De Leon
Sigue Tu Camino - Oscar De Leon
Micaela - Sonora Caruseles
El Gato Boogaloo - Sonora Caruseles
oiga mire vea - orquesta guayacan
que bombon - anthony cruz
brujeria - el gran combo *** Be careful where you play this one.
la esquina habanera - Hansel
la habana quiere guarachar contigo - candido fabre
primero fui yo - Frankie Ruiz
pregones de ayer - hansel y raul
quiero conocerte - charanga tipica tropical
rebellion - joe arroyo
el preso - Fruko
La Vida Es Un Carnaval - Celia Cruz
La Negra No Quiere - Grupo Niche
Cali Pachangero - Grupo Niche
La Fiesta De Pilito - El Gran Combo
Un Monton de Estrellas - Polo Montañez
Guajiro Natural - Polo Montañez

There you go guy's that is my list for now. You must not leave a Latin event without playing songs from here. Please don't post this on other forums let's leave the good info for the DJ's here only. Thank you, let me know your thoughts on this or if you use songs from here and how it went.
Got to go. Bye and enjoy.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby jwg » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:12 pm

Freddy:

Thanks for the list so far. Are these current hits, hits within the last few years or a mixture of both?

Where is the best place to purchase these?
jwg
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:58 pm

jwg wrote:Freddy:

Thanks for the list so far. Are these current hits, hits within the last few years or a mixture of both?

Where is the best place to purchase these?

These are somewhere between 2-10 years. These songs are classics and very popular among the Latin events I play. If you want current hits you can visit my site where I post every now and then the current hits of today. You can purchase these hits on cd universe, amazon, descarga.com are just a few I use.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:32 am

DJ Teddy Bear wrote:Not to step on Freddy's offer, but...

You get the idea.

Here you go Teddy Bear, like I promised you the most popular songs I would play at any Latin event. You must not leave that event without playing these from your list. Let me know when you play it how does it go.
Take care my friend.

What ever is on red I will play at my event, and whatever has Must play you must do that.
Attachments
Play list.doc
(33.5 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby djdonny » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:40 pm

please feel free to download it and use it if you like

It still never ceases to amaze me that pro DJs make offers like these in public. Assuming the mixes are of copyrighted music, please don't offer to share them.

As far as Freddy's list, I play quite a few Latin events, and his red songs are right on target up here in NYC, except that I rarely play more than one or two bachatas, and even more rarely play any cumbias. Salsa, merengue, and reggaeton are all much more popular.
djdonny
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby crazyd » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:26 am

well you asked and you shall have
for me it must have an anthem theme
so the must haves for any group
that will have em shakin their asses, and most importantly stripping on the speakers

dale p'alla - D.R.
chihuahua - dj bobo
love, sex, and sunshine - mr president
pineapple song - good size
arrasando - thalia
gasolina - daddy yankee
enamorante - papi sanchez
suavament - elvis crespo
pinhea - eminenci clasica
la vida es un carnaval - celia cruz

these are just a few
did i mention any group, yeah i did
cause the white man cant dance

you know my motto, if they are fat and ugly, when they two step, they're still fat and ugly
but if they can salsa. merengue, or cumbia
suddenly they their not fat and ugly

anyhow, enjoy the hooter view from the stage
crazyd

Postby funfact » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:53 am

These lists are great! I have some but had no idea what I had. I don't know Spanish so I can't read it. I had to rely on requests and luck.
Matt Jackering
Fun Factory Entertainment, LLC
funfact

Postby eldjdelcaribe » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:07 pm

funfact wrote:These lists are great! I have some but had no idea what I had. I don't know Spanish so I can't read it. I had to rely on requests and luck.

Send me your latin play list and I will tell you from that list what you should be playing.
DJ Freddy
"El DJ del Caribe"
eldjdelcaribe

Postby djontheside » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:40 am

Freddy,

Thanks alot for sharing. Great songs! I have an event coming up in April with all Latin on one side of the family and Irish on the other. I've been looking forward to this one since last April when they booked! Thanks again!
» Chris Phillips
DJ on the Side Entertainment
djontheside

Postby TheBartman47 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:47 am

Latin + Irish... that sounds like it will be an interesting night.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Next

Return to Music & Videos