Oldies CD collections

Music and videos are the livelihood of the Professional Mobile DJ -- make sure you have the latest and greatest for your next event.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Oldies CD collections

Postby BaldGuy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 am

Looking for a website that carries oldies (on CD preferably) from the 1950s up through the 1980s...a sorta "greatest hits" collection for each year would be nice...or even something more in-depth...in any event, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Anywho, thanks gang!!

Best of luck to all of youse guyze (and galz),

BaldGuy 8)
TCN Music - "We put a smile on your face!"
BaldGuy

Re: Oldies CD collections

Postby djwak59 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 am

Hi baldguy !

It's great to see SOMEONE ( ANYONE ! ) still using this site.

I have the Time Life Rock'n Roll Era set, also, the Time Life Classic Rock series. I think they're the BEST.
All original recordings and artists. The drawback is , they're not available anymore BUT....since you need them on CD ( nothin wrong with that ) you can usually get them at a good price on Ebay. I say usually because there's a few people on there asking WAY too high. Be persistent and you'll find them there for a good price ..

The BEST oldies, classic rock CDs there are ! Good luck.

See ya !
djwak59

Postby BaldGuy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am

So, what, in your perspective, would be a good price for the Rock 'n Roll Era set??? A guy has a 51 CD set for sale and it hasn't met reserve yet, but his "Buy It Now" price is $700!!!! Anywho, thanks for giving me a helpful hint!!!
BaldGuy

Postby djwak59 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:28 am

Hi baldguy

I was VERY fortunate to build my collection of these fine CDs by haunting used CD stores. It took me awhile, but I've got most of them now. Don't cry but, I was able to pick mine up for about $5.99 a piece at different Disc Replay stores !

Toward the end of the series of the Classic Rock collection, there are a few CDs that are kinda hard to come by on Ebay, BUT, those couple CDs have REAL obscure tunes that I probably wouldn't use for events anyway, so I really don't persue those. However, even those CDs are nice to have if you're a real purist for classic rock and off the wall tunes.

Another good set is "Malt Shop Memories". I think these are also Time Life discs, and I think there's 12 or 15 in the set. I also have a 4 CD set put out by Readers Digest ( believe it or not ! ) called "The Heart And Soul Of Rock n Roll".

Whatever you do.... MAKE SURE you get ORIGINAL RECORDINGS by the ORIGINAL ARTISTS !!! There's alot of rip off oldie sets out there.

I still see these Time Life CDs at used CD stores, so my best advice would be go to as many of them as possible and build up your set that way.

Nice chattin with ya. Good luck.
djwak59

Postby BaldGuy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks for all the helpful feedback!! I was thinking about $6 per CD would be a fair/good
price for the collection...doesn't look like he even entertains that price range though!

I'll keep watching AND I'll also check out your other suggestion of Malt Shop songs...thanks
again!

Later,

The Bald Guy :santasmiley:
BaldGuy

Return to Music & Videos