Website redesigned

Advertising, promotion and financial management for your Pro Mobile DJ Business.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Website redesigned

Postby jwg » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 am

After a 2 1/2 month process, my website has been redesigned. Thought I'd pop in and get your thoughts...

NO STEALING IDEAS! LOL. - JohnGallagher.com
jwg
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby djmc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:38 am

Have you run your site thru Website Grader? www.websitegrader.com

they use a scoring system and its very helpful to diagnose & treat SEO illnesses, both on-page and off-page.

I saw ONE glaring mistake (omission), move the word WEDDING closer to the front of your Title Tag's HTML.

Move the key word "Wedding" to the first 2 words of your Title, Key Words, and Description (meta tags).

Google algorithm scores the key words and words in Title HTML, also looks for the same key word in the first <H1> header and in the first paragraph of your content.

And, do everything that WSG tells you--- and you'll be in the Top 5-10 results in SERP for "Erie Weddings" and "Erie Wedding DJ" etc.
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Re: Website redesigned

Postby jwg » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:18 pm

The Googlebot last went through on June 2nd when my old site was still online, so the search results still reflect the old title.. I'll wait a day or two before any tweaking...
jwg
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby djmc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:20 pm

I've been told (by WSG & other sources) that the fewer key words you use, the more "weight" is given to each one.

that is why WSG says you should have 10 or fewer key words.

I agree that its always good to make changes SLOWLY & be able to chart the advances each time you make tweeks.

(noticed that you are only #7 for "Erie Wedding DJs", it will be interesting to see how the next indexing comes out for you!)

If it were ME, I'd be targeting "Erie Weddings" (be seen BEFORE everyone else).
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Return to DJ Business Management, Marketing & Sales