Need Help-Gigaport, ASIO & Winamp

Many DJ's are "switching up" to computers as the new way to DJ. They provide near-instant access to large song lists and can be integrated to control video and DMX lighting.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Need Help-Gigaport, ASIO & Winamp

Postby mickey j » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 am

I have a gigaport HD. I run PCDJ red mobile which takes up two outputs on the gigaport. I would like to be able to run Winamp through a third output. I did find the winamp ASIO plugin, but i cannot assign winamp to a specific channel on the gigaport. My goal is to have PCDJ running using two of the outputs and at the same time have winamp running using a third output (for Karaoke). I'm pretty lost! Any suggestions???
Thanks in advance.
Mickey J
mickey j

Re: Need Help-Gigaport, ASIO & Winamp

Postby mickey j » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi All,
after hours of searching, I found an alternate ASIO plugin for winamp which DOES give me some channel options but I am not sure it is actually what I need. I will do a trial run tonight and update. If it works the way I hope I will be able to DJ, run video/visualizations (on a flatscreen or with my NEW projector), and do Karaoke, seemlessly. Pretty cool! Wish me luck. I do have another option but it would require me switching wires or shutting down PCDJ everytime I want to use the Karaoke.
Mickey J
mickey j

Postby CJ Greiner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Is there a reason why you prefer WinAmp? Why not go with a PCDJ version that supports Karaoke, or maybe switch over to VirtualDJ?
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby mickey j » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Winamp=FREE!, Plugins don't work with gigaport the way I wanted. Can't have PCDJ & Winamp accessing outputs at the same time. So I am just limited with music visualizations when I run Karaoke, no big deal. Was worth a try.
mickey j

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:25 pm

I understand not wanting to spend too much, but there are a few programs out there that are worth investing in. You just need to try a few and choose the one that works best for you.

It's not perfect by any means, but does provide Audio, Video, and Karaoke functions:
Virtual DJ - $299
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Digital DJ's - Computer Audio, Video & Lighting