Virtual DJ 5.0 question

Many DJ's are "switching up" to computers as the new way to DJ. They provide near-instant access to large song lists and can be integrated to control video and DMX lighting.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Virtual DJ 5.0 question

Postby Platinum DJ » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Has anyone used Virtual DJ 5.0 to load and mix videos with ? I keep getting a multi-colored vertical line running through the videos . I am not running any external controller . Just have this software on my Dell Inspirion 6000.
When I play these digital videos through Real Player the lines are not there. They are only present in Virtual DJ.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you

Pat
Let us exceed your entertainment expectations !
Platinum DJ

Postby Cap » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:48 pm

Could be a dozen things. Need more input.

Start with the computer's processor info, internal ram, and video card model/ram.

Next, what type of video files are you playing? vob? avi? mpg? wmv? (etc).

Where did you get these video files and are they protected (e.g. iTunes?)?

Is your VDJ the light or Pro version?
Cap Capello
Celebrating 32nd Year of Passion For Mobile DJ Performance & Business
BOSE L1 Family of Products Dealer
L1 Model 1 - L1 Model 2 - L1 Compact
http://www.imadj.com
[518] 399-7451 [Eastern Time]
Cap

Re: Virtual DJ 5.0 question

Postby Platinum DJ » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:24 am

Hi Cap,

Thank you for the reply. I believe I may have solved the problem. I have disabled the accelerate hardware option on the video menu of VDJ.
I have also adjusted a setting on my appearances control panel.
I have VOB files . I have started converting some to MP4 so Itunes will read them.

The overall video play back quality does seem to be a little better through Real Player than VDJ. Real Player doesn't really allow you to mix and cue like VDJ.

I'll check back soon after I have checked it out little more.

Thanks again ( this was my first post ! )

Pat
Let us exceed your entertainment expectations !
Platinum DJ

Postby Cap » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:18 am

If one needs to disable acceleration, there might be additional file loading issues down the road.

I would leave the acceleration intact and change the slider from the far right "BEST" to something farther left, test it, and if still a problem farther left, until there's no more room. If that don't work? You've done what I would do, just too soon.

Generally (generally being the operative word) speaking, having to disable acceleration means the 'puter is underpowered either the processor or video card capabilities.
Cap Capello
Celebrating 32nd Year of Passion For Mobile DJ Performance & Business
BOSE L1 Family of Products Dealer
L1 Model 1 - L1 Model 2 - L1 Compact
http://www.imadj.com
[518] 399-7451 [Eastern Time]
Cap

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I really like VirtualDJ -- for the most part.

Actually, I don't like everything about any of the Video mixing softwares available on the market right now.

But... VirtualDJ comes closest, with DJPower coming in a close second (except for the BAD customer support and extremely lacking updates.)

I had to do a performance 2 weeks ago that required audio, video, and karaoke. VirtualDJ was having issues with my video drivers - no matter which ones I loaded. So I ended up using TriceraSoft Swift Elite. There are other issues I have with that program, but it was the only one I could grab on a moment's notice that would perform correctly and provide all the features I needed for that party.

VirtualDJ requires more processing power than it shows on the meter at the top of the program... and it requires drivers installed "just right", where other programs will show the video without any issues at all. When you get everything "just right", VirtualDJ can be THE program for all of your DJ/VJ/KJ needs.
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Digital DJ's - Computer Audio, Video & Lighting