Which software???

Many DJ's are "switching up" to computers as the new way to DJ. They provide near-instant access to large song lists and can be integrated to control video and DMX lighting.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Postby DJ Scott » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:22 pm

I use Audiograbber to ripp CDG's and did not have VDJ when I started using WniAmp KJ, so I did not even look to see if it did Karaoke as I was already "set in my ways" with WinAmp. :)
I'll have to go back and look at it.

As to Vista!!!!! :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
It BLOWS!!!!!!

Resource hog and no compatible drivers on most programs. :roll:
Scott McKinney
Solid Sound Entertainment
Loveland, CO.
www.solidsoundentertainment.com
www.solidsoundbubbleparties.com
DJ Scott

Postby JR » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 am

Flipside Entertainment wrote:I use CompuHost Software for my Karaoke and it uses the MP3G format,... I started with MTU's Hoster program and still use it today... About 3 months ago I started using CompuHost in my personal shows and it has really enhanced them. One of the things I like is that it has a filler tune player built in that auto-fades from filler tunes to karaoke then back to filler tunes.

CompuHost has a little more learning curve to it but in my opinion has far more features than any program out there. It works very well with Vista. It comes with a built in ripping program.

Hello Flipside,

I'm just begining to go digital with my Karaoke and DJ services. Based on your recomendation, I compared CompuHost to a couple other programs mentioned in this thread. I do like the CompuHost better than the others.

I tried the demo on my four-year old Toshiba laptop and it seems to work well. My DVD/CD drive reads the subchannels as required by CompuHost's ripper. But I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron laptop that I will use soley for Karaoke and DJ operation. My one concern is whether the DVD/CD drive will read the required subchannel. It doesn't show on Cmpuhost's list of repoted drives that do "Subchannel Reading".

I'm waiting for the program to be delivered so I can investigate this further. I won't download another demo copy because I won't use the new lapotop on the internet.

I'm curious though as to your experience with the use of CompuHost. During the thee plus months you've used it, have you experienced any down sides to the program?

On what type of computer equipment do you use it? And have you had any equipment/software compatability problems? I know you said it runs fine on Vista; is that still so?
JR LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
602-621-0329
JR
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Re: Which software???

Postby gonzo78 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:24 pm

I bought Power CD+G Burner from www.powerkaraoke.com for $39.00 and it seems do do a good job of ripping. It also has several options for which format you want to rip to. I'm still looking at players. I think I'm going to keep the KJ stuff on a seperate box than the DJ stuff.
gonzo78

Previous

Return to Digital DJ's - Computer Audio, Video & Lighting