My setup from the weekend

Many DJ's are "switching up" to computers as the new way to DJ. They provide near-instant access to large song lists and can be integrated to control video and DMX lighting.

Moderator: Dave Miller

My setup from the weekend

Postby djotherguy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:33 pm

Well, I finally got to use my rear screen and projector at the local college over the weekend.

500 people.
Sound consisted of 2 Mackie 450s ,1 Mackie 1501 sub, and 6 head VCR into a Rane MP2 mixer. I took the last pic just to show the height of the screen. It's a 10.5x14 footer. I'm 6'2". Pretty big picture. Sorry it's a little out of focus.....
We watched Mission Impossible 3, and yes, they got it from Swank!

Enjoy!!!

djotherguy

Postby dokai » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Suh-WEET!

Have any issues with wind? I only ask because I don't see any tethers holding down the screen frame. I decided earlier this summer to never again have the screen attached until I have things anchored. The day had NO WIND WHATSOEVER all day long, until I put the screen up. One big gust of wind came out of nowhere and my screen took off down the hill, putting a nasty dent in one of my tripods. Then it was completely still again. I swear Mother Nature only did it to jerk my chain. :hahaha:

Also, what type of projector were you using?
"You are what you do when it counts."
dokai
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby djotherguy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Its a Sharp Notevision XR-20s. It's 2300 lumens.

If you look closely at the top 2 pics, you can see the "guy wires" I made. I took 100' of 5/8" rope from Home Depot, cut it into 4 equal lengths, put carabiner clips on the end of each piece, clipped one end to the top of the screen frame and the other end to some sandbags I made. I made the sandbags by buying actual sandbags from the Army/Navy store. Filled them with 40 lbs of sand and then put these into duffel bags I got from WalMart. Worked great!!!

Kev
djotherguy

Postby Xtreme Productions » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Thats pretty awesome!!!!! I have a projector setup but not that big. I have been looking at getting one of those inflatale 100 foot front projection screens so I can do Drive in theatre stuff... SWEET SETUP MAN LOOKS LIKE A FUN GIG!!!!
Xtreme Productions

Return to Digital DJ's - Computer Audio, Video & Lighting