Tractor Dj Software??

Many DJ's are "switching up" to computers as the new way to DJ. They provide near-instant access to large song lists and can be integrated to control video and DMX lighting.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Postby hernan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:34 am

You have full use of all 4 decks on the traktor, to begin with.
But that is nothing!
hernan

Re: Tractor Dj Software??

Postby Joseph Ivy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:20 am

I've got to say that I tried Tractor and HATED it...

but after reading these posts, I think that I'll give it another chance.
I think I am right. You think that you are right. I suggest that we figure out which one of us is wrong.
Joseph Ivy

Postby Dj Sean » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:42 pm

What did you not like about it Joseph??

I might be from the other end of the experience spectrum from you, as far as DJ'ing is concerned.

I started as a club style DJ, so for me, tracktor's 2 channel layout was natural to me. Plus being a Mac addict was great because of the intigrated itunes.

Of course I didn't like, having to use a mouse to fade, effect, and everything else.

So I migrated to Rane's Sratch Live Serato, and I love it much more.
I perform in a band with it but also use it for weddings, birthdays, etc.

I'm kinda old school, in that I use vinyl midi records to cue, start, stop and scratch my MP3's and AIFF files.
On Beat Productions
http://www.TheEventDj.com/
Professional DJ service for all of Northern California and Nevada.
Dj Sean

Postby Joseph Ivy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:17 pm

OK, I looked at it again. I still don't like it. I only went digital about a month ago. I tried a dozen demo programs and bought a relatively cheap program to examine the possibility of going all digital. I've decided that I like it A LOT and recently ordered a new laptop so I have a backup at my events.

I'm looking more for hands off operation. I need to be able to catorize songs by event type (wedding, elementary school, high school, corporate) and dance type (waltz, foxtrot, swing, salsa) as well as making unique playlists for particular events.

I think that a big part of my disdane for Traktor is the integrated Beatport store. Also, it's too busy. It's not that I can't fully learn to use the software. I just think that it is geared toward live mixing.

After rethinking my software solution, I think that I'm going to go with DJPower Pro. The only downside that I have found so far is the price. I'm going to talk to a few of the locals DJs tonight and make my decision on friday.
I think I am right. You think that you are right. I suggest that we figure out which one of us is wrong.
Joseph Ivy

Re: Tractor Dj Software??

Postby The Digital DJ » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:52 pm

Hello all,
Try using Vitual DJ :D in conjuntion to PCDJ, they both are very nice programs and sounds good. I love VDJ it has the easyest interface and has most nick nacks that the others have and is very user freindly and sounds goooood...

The virtual DJ
Portland, OR
The Digital DJ

Previous

Return to Digital DJ's - Computer Audio, Video & Lighting