Watch Your Body Language - In Web Photos

Learn from the best in the business.
Topics with high educational content can be started here, or will be moved here from other forums.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Re: Watch Your Body Language - In Web Photos

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:26 am

Infinity - looks like Kojack I think.....

As to back to words argument that started all this, I don't really get that one and I understand marketing and brochure generation fairly well.

I think that argument is too subtle for the viewer of the website to notice or care as much as the pic being there to begin with as in the argument I started.
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby Dave Miller » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:48 am

PartyPerfectDJ wrote:I think that argument is too subtle for the viewer of the website to notice or care as much as the pic being there to begin with as in the argument I started.
You're right. It IS subtle. That was why I started the thread. To point it out.

After all, why give a potential client one more thing that makes them say "There's something about their web site I don't like". Does that translate into not liking them as their entertainer? Who knows? But why risk it?

Again, this is only if you're going to use pictures of yourself. This is not an argument if you should or shouldn't use your picture.

InReality-
The caricature is cool. I used one many years ago for a few years. On your home page it is on the right side, with your eyes looking to the left, toward your link list. Cool. But, on some of the linked pages, the same image is on the left, looking to the left, while the text is on the right. Either flip the drawing (easy), or edit it to shift the eyes to the right (harder).
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:36 am

Boy THAT is subtle, but I agree flipping the pic to look at the words does seem better.

Website design is a b*%ch isn't it :evil:
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby TheBartman47 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:27 pm

PartyPerfectDJ wrote:I have seen so many DJ websites where before I read a thing the pic says NO WAY.... GAY or OLD or Too young and etc! Remember you have to appeal to Sweet 16's to 50th Anniversaries.

Check www.arsensound.com and tell me you would hire him!

Usually the DJ looks like a goof in the pic. Let the customer meet you or ask for a photo!

About that guy's web page...
Experience...

Nick has been DJing steadily for over seven years, doing venues of all types, and emceeing as well. Andrew, our manager, has been involved with theatre, live sound, and Djing for over seven years. Because of our younger age, we are up on the current music trends, but we work very hard to play music for all ages!

I find it hard to believe he's been DJing for 7 years and that's all the equipment he has and that he's charging an hourly rate like that.

Will he really come out and set up all his sound and lights for ONE hour (or even less) if that's all the customer wanted?
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby brett » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:35 pm

shop em and find out!
brett

Postby djdonny » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:39 pm

It seems he has a $180 minimum for booking.

BTW, the blood was rushing to my head (no raunchy comments please), so I flipped myself around again.
djdonny
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:09 pm

LOL!

He is actually studying to work in a recording studio may not even be a bad DJ other than the floor standing speakers. But just too young to recognize that that pic is horrid LOL!

Price is cause he is a college student with nothing else to do and DJing is study!

MY point was just about the Pic......
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby Andy Yaggie » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:09 pm

he probably doesn't care. If you look at the Staff page or whatever its called, theres another guy who does the web design and he probably just said get it done. I think its interesting how many "staff members" he has for charging so little...a head dj, manager, assistant head dj, dj, someone who does visual media?
Andy Yaggie

Postby TheBartman47 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:34 pm

I just noticed, it also looks like he hasn't updated his web page since 02/12/02.
He may not even be around any more.
TheBartman47
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Previous

Return to DJGold University: Education for Pro Mobile DJ's