Picked up a new Hobby

Learn from the best in the business.
Topics with high educational content can be started here, or will be moved here from other forums.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Picked up a new Hobby

Postby RaYRaY » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:46 pm

To anyone with serious input,,
Well for starters to make a long story short, I'm new to the "DJ" scene, I recently purchased a Denon DNS1200 package...(just to play around with( ("hobby" status I guess) My question is, are these players worth it? I have not come across any feedback on these players anywhere, I originally decided on the DNS1200 because of its media capabilities as in Serato scratch live etc... and as far as turntable setups go what would you recommend me starting with being on a tight budget... any feedback would be appreciated.......
Ray~RaY
RaYRaY

Postby dokai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Gear recommendations are going to be primarily based on what you're trying to accomplish. For instance, if you're strictly a mobile dj, why would you want/need turntables? Are you planning on doing club work? Underground house parties?

Details please! Oh, and welcome to the club!
"You are what you do when it counts."
dokai
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

picked up new hobby

Postby RaYRaY » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Hey dokai!!
thanks for the response!!! To answer your question my interests are playing in clubs,parties,etc.I love the club scene and I find myself focused on the DJ and music more than anything(well besides the ladies off course) and maybe even getting into the battle scene as far as turntables go..I'm just very fascinated with turntables and all that you can do with them..but all in all I want to have the necessary equipment to be a complete mobile DJ.. Ive had a strong passion for music my whole life I just haven t acted on it (sad to say) until now,,which I regret. I'm very interested in Serato scratch live...but I have more money to save before that can happen,,since i don't even have a laptop computer yet,,which takes me to another question,, what would be the bottom line caliber as far as laptops is concerned that anyone could recommend that can handle running serato scratch live as well as storing my music???

P.S. Oh and thanks dokai for the welcome comment.
Ray~RaY
RaYRaY

Return to DJGold University: Education for Pro Mobile DJ's