Wedding Leads - How do you respond?

Open Discussion for Weddings and other Formal events: Photos, Videos and success stories are welcome! Ask questions and learn from the best.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Re: Wedding Lead Sites not generating QUALITY leads?

Postby davidjones@a2zmobilemusic » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:18 pm

O.K. , Since the majority of us are in non competing area's... what is youre standard response to wedding leads? this is mine, feel free to critique.

First of all let us join the chorus of people wishing to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding!! This can be one of the more stressful as well as enjoyable times in your life. Our job is to relieve you of your entertainment worries so you have one less concern. As of today we do have some availability on your wedding date!! We would be honored to provide the music & entertainment for your shining moment.
At every wedding we use 2 DJ's to ensure attention to detail and make it effortless for you. We work with you to structure a time line and music playlist. The day of your wedding we work in concert with your caterer and photographer to make it flow without a hitch. Our quote is listed below for a show with and without lights. Please browse our website to get to know us a little better. Feel free to email or call us if we can answer any questions you might have. Thanks and again Congratulations!!!

Quote without light show: $*

Quote with light show: $*

*this quote is for four hours

$100.00 deposit books your wedding date!!

David Jones
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
www.a2zmobilemusic.com
davidjones@a2zmobilemusic.com
817-366-5956
David Jones
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
davidjones@a2zmobilemusic
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby Dave Miller » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:40 pm

I like some of what you have. I may incorporate some of it into my response. This is my standard response template for Respond.com. I generally adjust it slightly to suit the lead.

---

Thanks for the inquiry. I AM available on ___.

I have been a DJ since 1983. I have performed at all sorts of functions, from christenings to retirements, and almost everything in between, including many ____.

My standard price quote is $750 for an event that lasts up to six hours. That includes my basic sound system, capable of providing music for a room with a capacity of up to 125. If desired, you can add my extended sound system, for a room of up to 300 people, no extra charge. I can also provide a second smaller sound system in another room for cocktail hour and/or ceremony.

If you want, for another $150 you can add my disco lighting package. This is an option most desirable for youth parties.

In addition to merely playing music, I can help coordinate some party games that will make your event different than the average party.

Go to my web site, www.DJTeddyBear.com for more information about me, my DJ history, prices, song lists, games and other information.

I will call you in a couple days. However, feel free to call anytime to discuss your needs. I look forward to discussing how I can help you make your event everything you are expecting it to be.

Thank you.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

Serving the Northern New Jersey area since 1983
Music For People With Taste
I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby brett » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:23 am

I feel personalization is key along the with the approach of 'less is more'. I get straight to the point, mention availability, price and services offered.

Dressing it up with unnecessary compliments does nothing for me personally, nor does having a standard cookie cutter response which tends to sound canned and impersonal.
brett

Re: Wedding Leads - How do you respond?

Postby jwg » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:06 am

Congratulations on your special day! Your reception is the celebration of your wedding. My intention is to take the picture you've painted in your mind since you were little and make all your dreams come true. With the hard work I intend to devote to your reception alone (about 15 hours) and combined with my experience, it will be a day that everyone will remember for many years to come. By the end of your reception, you will most likely have a one word response...WOW!"

I will act as the Master of Ceremonies and coordinate the events to take place. By filling out the Reception Planner on my web site, you can be assured every detail that you request is handled worry-free.

Music is also an integral part of creating a successful and enjoyable event for everyone. You can browse the Music Database on my site and make your personalized selections.

I look forward to working with you for your once-in-a-lifetime day!
jwg
Gold Premium Member
Gold Premium Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:02 am

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us concerning your upcoming wedding. We would love to provide you with more information about our high-quality entertainment services.

-----------------
Free Information:

http://www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
-----------------

Your wedding is the most important day of your life. You want your entertainment handled by professionals. Relax and let Smithfield Entertainment provide you with professional and reliable entertainment tailored to your desires. From planning the flow of the reception right through the end of the day, you can count on us to make it perfect.

From the grand entrance right through to the very last dance, yours will be a party to remember. Smithfield Entertainment will be right there to make it perfect. The entire reception will reflect your own style and will be a most memorable occasion, enjoyable for all who attend.

Once you've read the information provided on the website, please use the 'Check Availability' form to ensure that we have space for you in our planner, and then we'll send more information to you concerning rates and booking.

Again, Thanks for your request, and congratulations!

Sincerely,
-- C J Greiner
http://www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
(757) 356-1166
(800) 680-8586

©2000-2005 Smithfield Entertainment - All rights reserved.
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby djmc » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:36 am

Hi [name of bride/groom],

Thank you for your inquiry.

We need to speak with you personally to discuss rates, and we'll be calling you shortly.

Seriously into fun,
DJ-MC
Non-cheesy Disc Jockey services for Sacramento WeddingsImage
djmc
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby Dave Miller » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:27 am

CJ Greiner wrote:Once you've read the information provided on the website, please use the 'Check Availability' form to ensure that we have space for you in our planner, and then we'll send more information to you concerning rates and booking.

Don't you check the date of the lead prior to purchasing and responding?

Yeah, I realize that the availability checker is party of your gateway to your price page. Maybe you need to come up with something different since the lead should give you most of the info you're asking for in your availability checker.

Or at least different wording on the above paragraph.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:46 am

That email is an auto-response for certain websites that send the email to every client.

Also... just because I've booked that date, doesn't mean I can't either refer the client to an associate, or sub-contract the job.

...to ensure that we have space for you in our planner,

:arrow: Provides a sense of urgency: "Uh oh... I wonder if they are even available for my event...?"
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dave Miller » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:20 pm

CJ -

Oh. Understood. I guess I have too much of a single-op mentatlity.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby PartyPerfectDJ » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:19 pm

Everyone can smell a form letter, when I stoped and took the time for a targeted unique email to every client I started getting much more emails back.

My form letter was a fancy HTML with logo on top etc, but even text based forms the cleint can smell.

I say take the personal approach and make sure you mention something about the party that came with the lead like # of people i.e. sound options etc so they know it is not a form letter.

But cause I type fast I think sometimes I make em too long :-)
PartyPerfectDJ
Inactive

Postby Dave Miller » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:24 pm

Ya know, I have toyed with the idea of intentionally putting in one or two spelling/grammer errors, just so it doesn't have that 'polished form-letter' look.
Dave Miller Weddings
Reverend Dave Miller

I am the ADJA!
Dave Miller
Senior Gold Member
Senior Gold Member

Postby Joseph Ivy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:38 am

I had a form letter. Now, I just type out an email including a link to my website.
I think I am right. You think that you are right. I suggest that we figure out which one of us is wrong.
Joseph Ivy

Postby djdonny » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:19 pm

Teddy Bear has already read my form letter. (I won't mention how! :wink: )

Thank you for your interest in Sound Sensation. I look forward to providing DJ services for your event. Here are just two important reasons why Sound Sensation is your best choice for DJ Entertainment:

One Event a Day: Sound Sensation is a single-system DJ company that performs at One Event a Day. I personally meet with you and perform at your event, and will never hire or subcontract a less experienced DJ to take my place. I have over ten years experience playing at several hundred events.

Play What You Say: I provide a style and music selection that are customized to your wishes, backed by my exclusive Play What You Say money-back guarantee to play your requests. I bring over three thousand CDs to every event, and can even place music request cards on your guests' tables. Also, depending on your needs, you can add the right combination of lighting, giveaways, party hosts, and more.

Prices range from $750 for our simplest package to $1500 with everything included.

Please visit www.Sound-Sensation.com for one of the most comprehensive web brochures in the industry. At the website you can get a detailed price quote, check out my song list, read references from satisfied clients, and even book your event online.

For an appointment, please call 718-442-2288, or email donny@sound-sensation.com.

Donny Brusca
Sound Sensation
Staten Island, NY
www.Sound-Sensation.com
djdonny
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby Bryan Durio » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:26 pm

This is sent in response to an Event Availability Form sent from my DJI Availability Checker form:

Hello [NAME],

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You must be really excited.

As you have seen, I am available for your date, [DATE], and I'd love to talk with you about your wedding! In order for me to serve you better and give you a price quote, I will need much more information about your wedding from you and your fiancé. The best course of action would be to set up a meeting with me so we can sit down and discuss your needs.

You will be able to interview me to be sure that I can provide the service you want, and I will ask many questions to find out what kind of wedding experience you would like to have, what kind of atmosphere you want to create, music preferences, etc. I will explain everything about what I offer and how I can adapt my service to suit your needs. The meetings typically take an hour or two.

I am available virtually anytime during the week, days and early evenings. Sundays are also good. Why don't you talk it over with your fiancé and let me know which day and time works for you?

Best regards,

Bryan

Bryan Durio
Owner
Rock Around the Clock DJ Services
770-682-8780

Seminar Hall Director - Emcee
2005-06 CPS DJ/VJ/KJ Summit

Of course, "fiancé" is changed to "fiancée" if the form is sent by the groom!
Last edited by Bryan Durio on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, from Technology and the Future
Bryan Durio

Postby Joseph Ivy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:00 pm

I know that this thread isn't meant to criticize responses, but I really think that you should loose the "First of all" on the third line of your letter.

Everybody, great letters. I am considering removing the pricing from my website. I really like being contacted only by clients who want to pay my rates, but knowing how many contacts that I would be getting without the pricing on my page will help me gauge the quality of my site.
I think I am right. You think that you are right. I suggest that we figure out which one of us is wrong.
Joseph Ivy

Postby Bryan Durio » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:36 pm

Good suggestion. "First of all" is rather obvious, isn't it?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, from Technology and the Future
Bryan Durio

Re: Wedding Leads - How do you respond?

Postby davidjones@a2zmobilemusic » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:11 am

MY UPDATE ...

I am constantly tweaking my response. here is my latest..

The Preferred DJ Service Of David's Bridal*

The Reviews Are Streaming In!!!
"Rodney and I wanted to Thank you so much for your wonderful job at our Wedding and Reception. The music was wonderful and we received so many compliments on the song selections. There were all ages from kids to great grandparents out there dancing and enjoying every minute of it. We both were very happy with how everything turned out!!" Rodney and Holly Younger

"The right disc jockey is the number one factor for a fun, successful reception. Period!!"
- Bridal Guide Magazine

Bride name, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We Do Have Some Availability On Your Wedding Date (2 slots left!)

5 REASONS YOU SHOULD CHOOSE
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC AS YOUR DJ SERVICE...

1. VARIETY -
THE ABILITY TO PLAY ALL TYPES OF MUSIC
2. EXPERIENCE-
OVER A DECADE MAKING THOUSANDS "SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THANG"
3. PROFESSIONALISM-
WE SELL MEMORIES. THESE ARE YOUR MOMENTS.
YOU DESERVE A PROFESSIONAL THAT TAKES THAT SERIOUSLY. WE ARE AT YOUR SERVICE, PERIOD.
4. AFFORDABILITY-
WE ARE SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE WHEN IT COMES TO PRICING. MANY CHARGE ALOT AND PROVIDE LITTLE... WE BELIEVE IN GIVING YOU GREAT SERVICE AT A GREAT PRICE !
5. WE MAKE IT FUN FOR EVERYONE!!!
THE DJ HAS TO COME ACROSS AS A FUN GUY OR THE CROWD HAS NOTHING TO DRAW FROM. WE ARE AS INTERACTIVE AS "YOU" THE CLIENT WISH US TO BE. WE GUARANTEE YOU AND YOUR GUEST WILL DANCE AND HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIVES!!!

2007 Dates Are Booking Fast!!!!!!!!!
The First 20 People To Mention This Email Save $100 INSTANTLY! (thru 1/31/06)

Check Our Availability and Request Additional Information! (djintel link)

A $100 deposit reserves your wedding DJ. Feel free to email or call us if you have any questions. Thanks and again "Congratulations!" to you and your fiancé!!

David & Julia Jones - Owners
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
Preferred DJ Service Of David's Bridal*
davidjones@a2zmobilemusic.com
www.a2zmobilemusic.com
817-366-5956 fax 817-246-5259

* Ft Worth Location
David Jones
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby davidjones@a2zmobilemusic » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:15 am

Joseph Ivy wrote:I know that this thread isn't meant to criticize responses, but I really think that you should loose the "First of all" on the third line of your letter.

Everybody, great letters. I am considering removing the pricing from my website. I really like being contacted only by clients who want to pay my rates, but knowing how many contacts that I would be getting without the pricing on my page will help me gauge the quality of my site.

Are you not gonna share with the class??
David Jones
A 2 Z MOBILE MUSIC
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby Joseph Ivy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Oh, I have stopped sending out standart letters and now basically send messages referring people to my website. They are only maybe 3 sentences long.

Here what I used to send but please note that the prices are from August and much lower than I currently charge.
=============

Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for your interest in Ivy Entertainment wedding DJ services. I am currently available for Sunday, August 06, 2006.

My prices are competitive and include my music library, ceremony music equipment, reception music equipment, wedding and reception planning forms, information/planning sessions, equipment set-up and take-down, club-style lighting, travel not exceeding an hour, announcer service, disc jockey service and master of ceremonies service. I will work with you before the wedding to learn what kind of wedding that you want and to develop a timeline. You will be able to relax and enjoy experiencing your wedding day while I worry about getting everything done according to your timeline in a way that gives everyone a good time.

My pricing schedule is simply $200 plus $100 for each hour from the time that the system set-up needs to be completed to the time that the system take-down can begin. The price can change due to the cost of extra equipment, requested props, extended travel, and extreme specialization. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough information to quote you a price right now.

If your would like an exact price quote, contact me with the location of the wedding, location of the reception, time that you want me to be ready for the ceremony and the time that you want me to start packing up my equipment. Please feel free to call me directly at 623-521-8500 or reply to this email with questions or to arrange a face to face meeting.

I'll be waiting to hear from you,
Joseph Ivy

Postby djdonny » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:02 pm

I have changed my email response message to:

Thank you for your interest in Sound Sensation. I look forward to providing DJ services for your event.

Sound Sensation is a single-system DJ company that performs at One Event a Day. I have over ten years experience playing at several hundred events, and I will meet with you personally and perform at your event. I provide a customized music selection, backed by my exclusive "Play What You Say" money-back guarantee to play your requests. Regular prices start at $600 for up to 6 hours, and depending on your needs, can include any combination of lighting, giveaways, and more.

Please visit www.Sound-Sensation.com, where you can get a detailed price quote, check out my song list, read references from satisfied clients, and even book your event online.

For an appointment, please call 718-442-2288, or email donny@sound-sensation.com.

Donny Brusca
Sound Sensation
Staten Island, NY
www.Sound-Sensation.com

djdonny
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Next

Return to Weddings & Formal Events