Need recommendations for Italian wedding music...help.

Open Discussion for Weddings and other Formal events: Photos, Videos and success stories are welcome! Ask questions and learn from the best.

Moderator: Dave Miller

Need recommendations for Italian wedding music...help.

Postby djwak59 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm doing an Italian wedding in 2 weeks, and for the dinner music, they request "all Italian music". I've talked with the B+G earlier this year, and at that time, their dinner music included just a lot of Rat Pack stuff. But now, I think they may be requesting more "traditional", ethnic Italian music at dinner.

Also, are there any "party" type Italian tunes I can use at dance time ? I've got plenty of Rat Pack, and a compilation of some Italian tunes, but....any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks everybody !
djwak59

Re: Need recommendations for Italian wedding music...help.

Postby JR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 pm

I found this on another board.

Artists (both of Italian and non-Italian descent who performed some great Italian music) to look into include: Frank & Nancy Sinatra, Perry Como, Mario Lanza, Dean Martin, Louis Prima, Connie Stevens, Sergio Franchi, Domenico Modugno, Ornella Vanoni, Rosemary Clooney, Gianni Morandi, Patricia Carlu, Umberto Tozzi, Hugo Peretti and Luigi Creatore, Dion DiMucci, The Four Seasons, Tony Bennett, Jay & The Americans, Giorgio Moroder, Nat "King" Cole, Eros Ramazzoti, Vic Damone, Nana Mouskouri, Henry and Monica Mancini, John Madara, Nino Tempo & April Paris, Angelo Badalamenti, and "the Italian Bacharach": Teddy Randazzo, Nino Rota, Ennio Morricone, Jerry Vale and Connie Francis.

The 1950's were the best decade for Italian-American artistes. Here’s an amazing online Italian radio station out of Rome called RADIO TI RICORDI http://www.radiotiricordi.it/ . It's Italian pop oldies dating from 1960 to the present. Fabullissimo!

I Have But One Heart - Dean Martin  
Return To Me - Dean Martin
That's Amore - Dean Martin
Italian Love Song (Instrumental) - Fellini
Santa Lucia - Jerry Vale
Mala Femmina - Jerry Vale  
Ave Maria - Pavorotti
Volare - (Nel blu dipinto di blu) Domenico Modugno
O Solo Mio - Luchiano Pavorotti
The Sicilian - Bonobo
Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney
C'mon-a-my House - Rosemary Clooney
Cara Mia Why - Jay & The Americans
JR LaPorte
DHK DJ Service
Peoria, AZ
602-621-0329
JR
Gold Circle Member
Gold Circle Member

Postby CJ Greiner » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Those are great songs to make sure I have in my library... guess I'd better check now!
>> CJ Greiner
Website Administrator

www.SmithfieldEntertainment.com
www.SilverStarDJs.com
CJ Greiner
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby djwak59 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks JR.

I've already got a ton of Dino stuff. My big FEAR, is that the music I pick up might be considered "stereotypical" and possibly offend someone. Any tips on this point ?

Anyone know of some compilations I might pick up ?

See ya.
djwak59

Return to Weddings & Formal Events